Tuesday, March 26, 2013

St. Patty's Day

I really like to do things that make the kids life fun and build memories, but I also don't want to overdo it and make it so they expect something huge all the time, and I want to try and remember my limits and remember that ultimately the most important thing is making sure my children always feel my love for them.  So I know that a lot of people do these huge things for St. Patricks day like a huge party and making a leprechaun trap, but I am good with giving them a green meal.  It is something that they think is pretty cool and it isn't too much extra work.  I let the girls make our decorations, which I think they actually like better than me decorating, plus it helps them stay busy.  We had Green mashed potatoes, green jello and salad, and then we I put some food coloring in sprite.  We also had pork chops, but I didn't color them because that just seemed too gross to me. And then we had green dirt cake for dessert.

 Janie was our little leprechaun, she wore the cute hat she made at preschool.  She also thought it was so funny that people call it St. Patty's Day because her teacher is Miss Patty.
 Russy sure had a good time eating his food. He absolutley loves mashed potatoes so he went to town on them, and the jello too.


 Kevy decided to set a bad example when I took his picture and show me his potatoes and the girls thought it was the most hilarious thing ever, so naturally they had to do it too.

Russ really enjoyed his dessert and even decided his nose needed a little taste too.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Such a fun mom you are! Lucky lucky kiddos!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

That is so much fun! Love how Russ loves his food:) and how the girls all followed their fathers example. Thanks for posting pictures. See you in a couple of weeks!!!