Friday, March 1, 2013

Valentines Day

Last year I made a fun Valentine's dinner for all of my sweet valentines.  They loved it so much that I decided to make it our new tradition.   I made mini heart shaped pizzas last time and this time I decided to just make one big heart shaped one.  Much easier.  I also made this fun stained glass jello, and a yummy valentines drink.  I let the girls decorate for me because they love to do that.  It is so cute to see them get creative with crepe paper.   I also have almost perfected my homemade pizza and it turned out really good. (It has taken me a while to figure out how to get the crust not doughy in the middle with the toppings not overdone.)  


 Russ loves pizza, just like his dad, so he enjoyed this dinner.  I love how he always smiles for the camera.  I have so many smiley pictures of him.


 I love when I do things that the kids think are super neat and special.  It makes me feel like I am doing an okay job as a mom.   I made giant sugar heart sugar cookies and frosting earlier in the day and I had gone and gotten a bunch of valentine bulk candy to decorate.  The girls got to decorate two for friends and then we went and took them to them.  It is a family tradition that I have carried on from when I was a kid.  I always looked forward to decorating them every year and now my kids do too.
 Janie made hers for two of her friends from church and playgroup.  She did a super good job.  They all ended up needing a little help with the frosting, but the decorations were all them.
 Lizzy made hers for two of her church friends too.
 Nellie made hers for a church friends , but one is her little friend that is in her school class who is  boy.  She tells me a lot that it would be okay for her to marry him because he is a member of the church, but she is worried because he is a giants fan and she is a dodgers fan and she just doesn't know if that will work out.  So silly.
Russ loves climbing on the chairs and turning on and off the lights while the girls are at the table.  He is such a silly boy.  Maybe next year he can decorate his own cookies.  After the girls decorated theirs it was time to deliver them.  I had to stay home because I was having a ton of contractions that night, so many that we almost went to the hospital.  So I was sad that I didn't get to go with them and deliver them, but Kevy said they had a lot of fun.  It was a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun! I love all the cute things you guys do it gives me ideas for when Layla is older :) Little Russ is so cute! They all are!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Your such a fun mom, Binny. Making memories and tradions are what the kids will always remember. They all look like they had a fun time and I'm sure the food was yummy. Take it easy though, we don't want you having that baby before we can get there:) Love you all!!