Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter Festivities

We had another great Easter this year.  It was actually kind of weird to be home after being gone for it most years.  Our new ward wasn't having an egg hunt so we thought that we would go to the old ward and see some of our old friends.  It was fun.  
 Russ wasn't into the egg hunt, but Lizzy made sure she carried him around and got eggs so that he had some too.  She is such a good biggest sister.  She loves to make sure everything is taken care of.

Since it was Spring Break I had these grand ideas of making an Easter craft everyday with the girls.  But since we ended up going places most every day we only ended up making one.  The girls had a lot of fun making these little chicks. 
 Of course we had to dye eggs, but that is another thing that I seem to forget to do, so we did them Sunday morning before church.  Nellie had a huge fit because she wanted to do them the night before and she has to have what she wants when she wants it. But she ended up coming around.




 We even let Russ do a few (well I let him drop them in the cup)  He liked it though.
We asked the girls if they wanted an egg hunt of the Easter bunny to come and they said an egg hunt, so I stuffed some eggs and Kevin hid them really good for the girls.  They had a hard time finding some, but they enjoyed it.
This was the first year that I haven't made dresses for the girls, but money is too tight and I wasn't sure if I was going to have the energy with Anne being so close to coming, but my mom bought them some really cute Easter dresses this year but I completely forgot to take a picture of them in them before church because we are always in such a hurry to get to church early so we can get a soft seat.  And then after church Russ was sleeping and the girls didn't want to put their dresses back on.  So we didn't get a picture.  Maybe the next time they are all wearing their Easter clothes I will get one.

No comments: