Friday, April 26, 2013

Folsom Lake

The last day of Spring Break my friend asked me if we wanted to go with them to Folsom Lake.  I thought it would be something fun to do that was out of the ordinary.  So we packed a lunch and headed out.  The kids loved it!  Unfortunately the water level is way down because we have had such a dry winter and spring and we had to walk really far to get to the water, which was fine for the trip down because Russ could see the water and was very happy to go on his own, but the trip back up to the car was a different story, I had to carry him and three bags of stuff and my 9 month contracting pregnant self back up and that was a challenge. When we got to the water I thought okay I will just sit here and enjoy watching the kids play.  Boy was I wrong.  I had to be standing up and keep my eyes like a hawk watching Russ because all he wanted to do was drink the nasty lake water.  The very first thing he did when I sat down was go and lay down in one of the nasty inlets and start lapping up the water. 
 I am typically not a mom that stresses about stuff, but I was super stressed.  All I could think was here I am a week from having a baby and he is going to end up sick in the hospital with some crazy disease he caught at the lake.  Luckily he never got sick, but it was quite nasty water he drank. 



 Here he was the first time I caught him.  It took me a second to realize what he was doing, so I ended up getting a picture of it
 Janie had fun just chilling on her own.  She isn't very adventurous like her sisters so she pretty much did her own thing.

 Lizzy was the ringleader and had everyone convinced there were sea urchins in the lake and that she caught them.  It was actually just some little prickly weeds, but they had fun.

 It was nice once Janie and Russell decided to get out of the water and just hang out so that I could finally relax a bit.  It was nice to go to the lake and have a fun day together before Anne got here.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How fun! You are super brave to do that being 9 months pregnant! That was so cute of Russ laying in the water, such a boy!