Tuesday, September 17, 2013

All About Nellie- 7 Years

Nellie is 7 years old! That is only a year away from baptism! How are my kids growing up so fast? It really is such a bitter sweet thing to have happen. I love to look back at the previous years posts I did about these kids of mine and see how different they are, and yet still so much the same. Nellie is still the stubborn one that doesn't like to be told what to do. She still is crazy over sweets and she still love love loves her Russy and now her baby sister Annie too!

Nellie is now in second grade. She is so smart and really picks up math when she is actually trying versus being too lazy. She loves going to school most of the time when she wakes up happy. Nellie really has to get enough sleep or she is really difficult to deal with, but now that we have moved into a new house and she has her own room she is actually stating to sleep in:) Yay for all of us. She used to get up super early and then go and wake up everyone else. Not cool. She has become a much better eater, and I can count on her 90 percent of the time to eat her dinner, Mostly when there is a treat for a reward. Her favorite dinner is Swiss Ham Ring around the Rosie as she calls it. Nellie loves to play with her big sister Lizzy and sometimes her and Jane get along great, other times they fight like cats and dogs. She still sort of likes Hello Kitty, but hasn't developed any new obsessions in a while. Green is not her favorite color anymore, but every time I ask her what her favorite color is she tells me something new. Nellie really wants to get her ears pierced like Lizzy, but she knows that she is too scared to at this time. Nellie has started losing teeth, which she loves because then she can earn money to buy stuff. The funny thing about Nellie is that money burns a hole in her pocket. If she has money she instantly wants to go and buy something with it, and not save it up to get something better. But she is slowly getting better about waiting to buy something and not being Instagirl (her nickname because she cannot wait for anything, if she wants something she wants it right that second.)

Nellie is the one that has her measuring stick out and always is making sure that she gets the same as everyone else.Especially when it comes to treats. I don't know if she will ever not be super obsessed with having a treat, but maybe she got that from me, I certainly like my treats too. Nellie is a lot like me, I see so much of how I was as a child in her and so I want to help her to see that a lot of those things make her unhappy. I am just trying to help her make the choice to be happy and that she has the power within herself.

We love our super stubborn Nellie Belle, she has a will of iron, but I know that is what helped her so much in her first part of life, she certainly helps us all have more patience!

 

 

No comments: