Monday, September 2, 2013

Nellie's 7!!

It's hard to beleive that my Nellie is seven. Has it really been seven years since she came so abruptly into our lives? She wanted golf clubs for her birthday and so Kevy looked long and hard on ebay and found her a good set, even with a Nike bag for about 50 dollars. She has struggled with trying to golf with Kevy because she is a lefty like me, and I know how hard it is to golf with right handed clubs. She has since gone golfing and done so much better. Hopefully she will keep this up and really develop it, but she is seven so who knows. She also wanted a birthday party but I was really not looking forward to it because she is so hard to please and she couldn't make up her mind about what she wanted for the party and on top of it we were in the middle of moving. Poor thing we have moved three out of the last four summers and so I know her birthday has suffered, I really want to make it up to her next summer when she turns eight and throw her the best party. Anyway we convinced her that she wanted the money instead of a party and so she went to build a bear and made a cute leaopard named Roxy, and she spent her money other ways too, but I seriously cannot remember right now. Also she got a bow and arrow set from the Prices while they were here and all the kids had a blast with it.

I made Nellie a tres leches cake for her birthday and we were so lucky that her cousins came to visit and they happened to come on her birthday!

 

No comments: