Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Day of School

We just moved in the week before school started, for the third time in the last four years. I really hope this is not a trend that continues. It was really nice though that we were at least coming back to a school that we already knew. Both Lizzy and Nellie had friends from before in their classes so that was good.
The girls were excited to have some new clothes and new backpacks. It is always fun for the first week or so to see how excited they are to get up and get ready and make their beds and all the stuff that gets so hard to get them to do later on.

It was cute because cute little Janie ran up and got her new clothes on and came down and got her picture taken, and then went and changed into something else. Russy was cute and wanted to be in the picture too!

Lizzy does so well at school, I never worry about her. She got a pretty strict teacher this year, but I am not too worried about her, I know she can handle it.

We walked to school the first day and then after that the girls have ridden their bikes and I cannot say enough about what a great thing it has been to not have to drive and pick them up with all the little ones. Especially because they are asleep a lot of the time when the girls get out of school.

Nellie is doing amazing in her class. She has such a nurturing teacher who is so kind and compassionate. Which is what Nelile really needs. She has moved up to the blue for behavior, (which is the highest you can do and isn't something that is easy to get) probably a third of the time! I am so proud of her! I am really grateful that she got the teacher that she did because that is the kind of teacher that she really needed and I know Heavenly Father was watching out for her.

Janie started school a couple weeks after the girls did and she was so excited to get started. The first day of school she was up and ready to go, asked me to do her hair, made her bed, etc. four hours before school started. It was cute because heading back to Miss Patty's we didn't have to worry about her being nervous. She was just ready to go. We love having the kids go to Miss Patty's Place. She is the best teacher ever!!

Its so crazy to see my little kids growing up so fast. So sad and so exciting at the same time. I am just trying to enjoy each day with my little ones and enjoy each stage that they are in. I feel really grateful that I get to be home with them. What a blessing! I am grateful that I have a husband that is supportive of me being home and works so hard to support us!