Tuesday, October 28, 2014

All About Lizzy-10 years

It is so hard to believe that my Lizzy is in double digits. This last year she has grown up so much! She has always been such a good helper to me, but she has increased that 10 fold lately. She is getting so good at being a big sister and helping with the little ones, even if she does get a little bossy at times. That is her job as the older sister right? She has gotten so good with Anne especially and Annie has started to just love her and wants to go to her all the time. She is going to be the best helper with Clara.

Lizzy is now in the fourth grade and doing just as good as usual in school. It is fun to see her learning things and telling me about them. It is so fun to have a little buddy to talk to about things. One thing about Lizzy is that she really doesn't have the whole attitude thing like a lot of girls start getting at this age. She is always so willing to help and be happy and try to do what is right. If she ever does start to get an attitude, I just let her know that she is doing that and she will start apologizing about it.

Lizzy has always been the very best eater. One of her favorite foods is salads and she actually likes to pack them in her lunch quite regularly. She actually has very adult tastes and likes pretty much everything that little kids doesn't usually like. She will tell me that whatever food I made for dinner is so great and her fourth favorite, or something like that. She enjoys helping me in the kitchen and is really starting to get good at helping there.

One of the most speical things about Lizzy is that she has the very best attitude. When something disappointing happens she does so well with being ok with it. I think sometimes even better than I do. We forgot to sign up in time for her to do the school play and so she didn't get to be in it. She was amazing and just said, "That's okay Mom!" I was seriously so blown away. She is such a good example to me!

This past school year she has started taking sewing lessons from her Grandma and I love how much she looks forward to it. She is a natural too, I am truly amazed at how well she is sewing so early on.

Lizzy is just such an amazing girl. She is my little right hand. I know that Heavenly Father sent her to me because he knew how much I would need her. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter!!

 

No comments: