Friday, October 17, 2014

Russy's Third Birthday

I think that three may very well be one of my favorite ages. They are still so darn cute and fun and say such funny stuff, but they also understand so much more so you can reason with them, and best of all they understand and get so darn excited about things like their birthdays. It has been so fun to have Russy counting down for his birthday and talking about "Guess who's birthday is coming up?! Russys!" He even said that after his birthday had passed, it was too funny. He got so excited about being able to open presents and have all the attention on him. Since he isn't in preschool yet I always wait until their fourth birthday to do a friendr party so we just had Grandma and Grandpa over for cake and to watch Russy open his presents.
 

We got him some legos that we thought he would like building, but I think they are still just a little too big for him. He just dumps the entire bucket out but doesn't really put too much together and he and Anne just make the biggest mess with it. We had to put them up for a while but I'm sure he will be really excited when he is bigger and we bring them down for him.

I had asked Russy what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday a couple of months ago and he told me a football cake, which I was thrilled about because that is pretty easy to make. Jane tried to convince him to have a firetruck cake which I wasn't too happy about, so I convinced him that he really did want his original pick of a football cake. I didn't want to buy a new cake pan so I just looked on pinterest for a good idea for making a football cake. I thought it turned out pretty cute, and Russy loved it so that is all that mattered.

The funny thing was he was so into his presents and everything else that he didn't even end up eating his cake that night. Kevin didn't know this and when he took Russy to bed Russy said "but I didn't get any cake!" Kevy thought he was just being silly so he didn't let him have any. But he ended up having plenty the next day. It was a fun little day for our blond bear! We sure do love this crazy boy of ours and we are so grateful that we were blessed with him!

 

No comments: