Thursday, October 23, 2014

All About Russ-3 years

 

I was trying to get a good picture of Russy on his birthday but he was just so wiggly it was really hard to get one. These are the few decent ones that I got.

Russ is such a special boy! He is so sweet and kind but he is also so boy. He is really into playing with his trucks and balls and swords and guns and cars, you get the picture. A really funny thing that he loves to do right now is make sound effects. You would think it would be exhausting for how long he can do sound effects. Its funny too because in the store, if I am somewhere else and I am looking for Kevin and the kids I can usually find them because of Russy's sound effects. Russy is such a good talker now and loves to talk to people. He may be a little shy with strangers but not at home. He loves his sisters so much and loves to play with them. One day Janie wasn't playing with him and he said "But Janie you are making me sad!" He is saying so much funny stuff right now, I love it. I try and remember it all but it is hard to do sometimes.

One day I had made cookies and he said to me, "Mom these cookies are amazing!" It was the cutest. One day we were taking him to bed and he said to Jane "It's bedtime Jane!" It was too funny. He also will tell me that "The sky is awake Mom!" When he wakes up too early, even when it isn't actually light outside. I love to see his joy for the world and learning new things.

Our really nice neighbors have two boys that are just older than Russy so they give us so many nice things for Russ. They gave us a really nice almost brand new Cars bike for Russ that he loves to ride so much. He didn't have a helmet so we got him one for his birthday and he puts that thing on and takes it off 30 times a day. He is so funny. He loves to be outside and riding his bike or just doing boy stuff out there. He loves to see the garbage trucks and any other trucks and airplanes when they fly by.

He still loves firetrucks! But he really just loves all things boy. One of his new favorite things is Football. He actually will sit down and watch with Kevin and I when we watch a game. He usually goes and gets a football and wants to toss it around with Kevin. He will get down into the hike stance too. I love it. It goes to prove that we named him after the right person when we named him after his Grandpa who also loves football.

He loves his Dad like nobody's business and I am so glad that we were able to have a boy so that they could have this special relationship. He has the kindest little heart. He is always out of nowhere telling me "I love you mom!" It is really so sweet. If I say "how are you doing today Buddy?" he will also ask how I am doing. When we went and got an ultrasound for the baby and he actually got to see that there was a baby in there he has been so sweet to me after and will just randomly ask me "How is the baby doing Mom?" Seriously I don't think that he could be any sweeter. Although he is going through a stage where he thinks that I will just give him whatever he wants and when I say no he has a meltdown, but I think that is pretty common with this age.

These two together are serious trouble!! I thought it was going to be a lot easier once I just had these two at home but they are seriously killing me! The get into everything! But I do love to see them playing together which they are doing a lot lately.

The girls love to spoil and coddle him so he is a bit of a pansy right now. In fact Annie pushes him around and will take his things and he just freaks out, I tell him "go take it back" but he just cries. The sisters all love their brother so much and we are sooo happy that we were able to have our Russy to make our lives brighter. We love him so much and our lives would definitely not be the same without our blond bear!

No comments: