Thursday, June 18, 2015

Clara - 3 Months

Sweet little Clara, I almost didn't think I was going to make it through the first few months of her life. It was truely one of the most difficult things I have ever gone through. Starting at around two weeks she got really colicky. Every night was so challenging because for hours she would cry and there didn't seem to be anything I could do about it. But then she started getting fussy during the day too and she started refusing to be put down. I had to wear her in a sling constantly, just so I could get anything done.

But then when six weeks rolled around, the time that everything is supposed to get better it started to get worse. She stopped nursing. Like refused to even latch on at all. I was so stressed because I knew that she was really small and she needed to eat, so I started pumping and trying to feed her that way. She took bottles of breast milk really well but then I started to dry up. So I knew I needed to start switching her over to formula. She started to refuse the bottles of formula. This was around her two month check up and of course right when she started eating a little bit better we all got sick with the stomach flu, including her and we had to start all over at square one with the formula. When I took her in for her 2 month check up she was only at 7 lbs. 12 oz. That was only one pound exactly, more than at birth. My babies are tiny, but this was beyond tiny. Of course to compound the problem our regular great doctor wasn't in and the doctor we saw was a woman that pretty much started freaking out about it. Just what I needed as a completely stressed out mom!! And things really didn't get better for a while. For the next couple of weeks she would eat good on and off. I didn't know from one feeding to the next if she was going to refuse to eat or eat good.

During this whole time we were having to get my parents house that we live in ready to show becuase they decided to sell it. To say I was under a lot of stress was an understatement. The great thing is though, she did eventually figure it all out! She is now a really sweet baby. She eats really well and has put on some good weight. She is still tiny, but it is a healthy tiny, not a scary one.

This picture she had fallen asleep crying becuase I just had to put her down to get a few things done.

This was after she started getting much easier. I had to take a picture of this because she is still really funny, she has to have everything be exactly right to fall asleep. She has sto be swaddled with a paci and I have to hold her just right on one side and rock her and pat her back. It is kind of ridiculous really. But since she has gotten so much easier than she was before, we forgive her. So it was very odd for her to fall asleep under here. She does love her playmat though. It is her favorite thing to do and she will play for a long time under there.

 

She likes her bumbo chair too!

We went for a bike ride and I figured out a way to get her in the trailer. She really liked it too.

She has gotten really smiley, although I haven't gotten too many pictures of it. She also is starting to giggle and really has started to try and grab things like toys and hair. It's so fun to watch her becoming more of a little person.

 

 

The kids just love her to pieces, and now she actually will let them get near her. She used to scream her brains out if any of them got near her. She loves the attention now.

This was quite an interesting picture because she usually wakes herself right up if she gets her arms out of the blanket.

We sure love this sweet girl!!

 

No comments: