Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wake Island

A few days after school got out Amy Wright, a good friend of mine invited me and the kids to go with her and her kids to a place called Wake Island. It is actually only about ten minutes from where we live and it is a really cool place that we had never been and had always wanted to go. It's a water park, although not in the traditional sense. They have a cable system for wake boarding and they also have a water park kindof like the stuff you see on wipe out. But we were only going for the free beach because let's face it, I am a cheapskate. We only do expensive stuff every once in a while. I feel like it is important to show the kids we can have fun without spending a lot of money, and that they will appreciate stuff more if they are not handed it all the time.

The kids got right in and were having a blast wading around in the wateruntilthey realized that there were really big catfish and they were notshy either!! They would swim right up to the kids and rub up against them. Mykids are really not into animals of any kind but especially not into fish!! They were not very excited about the water after that and stayed mostly inthe sand.

Annie pretty much just stayed on the side and stuffed her face with snacks. It said no outside food or drink but come on I have little kids who aren't going to wait until we get home.

Russ had fun with his buddy Peter. I am loving watching Russ become a big boy! He now has little friends and they actually play together rather than playing around each other. It is really fun because Peter has become his really good friend and I have become such good friends with Amy, Peter's mom.

Jane buried herself and Lizzy worked on making a river that flowed all the way back to the lake.

More snacks! I am going to lose it lately with my kids and the snacks, they seem to want to eat twenty four hours a day. It drives me nuts, I hear all day long, "I'm hungry mom! What can I eat?"

 

 

 

Nellie was one of the few kids that did play in the water most of the time. All in al it was a fun day and a great way to start off the summer!

 

No comments: