Sunday, October 25, 2015

Russy's Birthday Party

Everyone knows how I feel about birthday parties. But for some reason this one was no big deal. We invited Russys little buddies from church, Andof course Cole and Mason. I think there are two reasons that this party wasn'ta big deal, one I had Lizzy come in and take over. She loves doing it so I let her. Plus we just did a few simple games so I didn't feel any stress. It was great! We let the boys make paper airplanes and then we let them decorate them and had a contest flying them. The boys loved it!
We did a piƱata, which lets be honest is the best thing to do at a party. Kids love it! Any time you get to smash something and candy falls out of it, kids are on board.

 

We did a Dusty theme because Russy loves planes. He loves lots of thingsand would have been happy to do any kind of party really, but I had bought a buch of planes party decore a year or so ago for really cheap off a yard sale site, so I wasn't going to let that go to waste. I had an idea for his cake and it ended up turning out really cute and was one of the easiest cakes I have ever made.
He loved getting lots of new toys and having the attention all on him.

We tried to do the cake outside but the candle wouldn't stay lit because of the breeze so we had to take it inside. Russy isn't too sure about fire right now, but he was better than when we lit the candle on his birthday.

 

 

No comments: