Thursday, October 29, 2015

All About Lizzy-11 years


Wow 11 years old! This past year has been quite a year for my Lizzy! This is her last year in elementary school and her last year in Primary. That's just craziness to me! She has really grown up this past year. Even more so than any other year. It's like she is transitioning into a young woman rather than a kid. I would have to admit that I really love it too. She is just growing into such an amazing person. She has so much kindness and love in her. She is always trying to help me and make my life easier. Thank goodness I have one child who is doing that!! She loves helping with the younger kids and really has become like a little mommy to Clara. She is always helping me clean the house and helps me with dinner a lot too. She is becoming quite the good cook! She still is the best eater and has a hollow leg. She almost always eats more than I do at a meal. Some of her favorites are still salads and she often takes them in her lunch rather than taking a sandwich.

At school she has become quite the little leader, she always loves to run the show and that's how she is at school too. She decided to produce a little play at school and directed it and got a buch of kids to do it with her. The principal even came to watch it. And he recognized her after as showing great leadership. She has always had that sociability that it took me being an adult to get. I love that about her.

I really love how she is blossoming so much with her testimony as well. She is so strong and brave and has such a desire to be good and follow the spirit. I love how she is so contemplative too. If I say something about feeling frustrated with the kids, a little while later she will come back and apologize for not doing enough. She definitely got my apologizing problem. She is even apologizing if she didn't do anything wrong.

She has really started to grow out of the kid things as well. For her birthday and Christmas all she wants is clothes and jewelry and those sorts of things. She doesn't really play with the other girls anymore when they play with their dolls and other things. It's kindof sad to see that, but it was bound to happen. Lizzy is really getting into bigger kid stuff. Her favorite tv show is the Flash. She loves Star Wars And has recently been reading the Hunger games books.

She is just the perfect first child and I am so eternally grateful that she was sent to me first! There are a lot of days that I know I wouldn't be able to make it through the day without having had her around to help. I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such a great kid.

 

No comments: