Thursday, October 20, 2016

All about Russell-5 Years

I cant believe that this boy of mine is already five!  How can that be?  He has always been the sweetest boy but somehow I think he has become even sweeter!  We call him our bear and he will always come up to me and say "I think you need a bear hug." and then give me the greatest tightest hug.  My heart!   He is always so sweet with his sisters and he has really started to even try and help with Clara.  He loves to try and hold her.  He and Annie also seem to be getting a long a lot better than they used to, so thank goodness for that!  He has turned even more into a little miniature Kevin, if that was even possible.  He just seems to love everything that Kevin does and it is just the cutest thing.  He has become obsessed with baseball which of course is Kevin's favorite.  He will ask "Is today dayplay?" Meaning is it a day game for the dodgers?  He loves the dodgers and call them his team. He actually has a bunch of dodger stuff because he wants to have all dodger stuff like his backpack and his lunchbox..  He even wanted a Kershaw jersey for his birthday, of all the things he could get.  Kevin was so proud.  He loves to help Kevin fix anything and whenever Kevin is working on stuff he has to be right beside him.  
Russell started Transitional Kindergarten because he wasn't quite old enough for regular kindergarten, and he has been doing so amazing at it.  I am in awe of how his mind has grown so much is such a short amount of time. He seems to be picking up letters and sounds and math at a really great pace now.  It's fun because for a long time I was a little worried because he showed absolutely zero interest in learning stuff.  He just wanted to play.  But now he will always tell me guess what letter this word starts with and he will sound things out.  He also really loves to try and add things and subtract things.  He always looks forward to going to school.  I'm sure all the kids in class like each other, but they always seem so excited to see him when he gets there. 

He is such a good eater and he actually eats a lot!  I think I am just seeing a preview of what the teenage years will be like for that!  He always tells me he likes the food I make which is so sweet.  I seriously cant say enough how sweeet this boy is.  He really loves when my parents come over and always makes sure to give them big hugs when they leave.  A funny thing about Russell is that he is really wanting to be one of the big kids so we will put him to bed with Annie, but when Annie falls asleep he will come down where we are with the big girls and say "I saw you gave me a wink so that means I can stay up."  I don't know where the whole wink thing came from because I never give him a wink, but we have been letting him stay up a little with the girls and he thinks he is pretty hot stuff when he does it.  I feel so very grateful that we were blessed with our Russy Bear!  WE couldn't have asked for a better kid!  We love him so much!

No comments: