Thursday, July 6, 2017

Independence Day

We had a great independence Day even if it was here in California. Its the only day the whole year that I wish I could be in Utah instead.  
We started the day by running the 5K. Lizzy of course did amazing and beat us all. I thought I would do better than I did, but it was hard! I'm hoping to do even better next year! 

 While we were running Nellie stayed home and watched the little kids and got them ready for the parade. She did a great job.  Lizzy and Kevin stayed and found us a place to sit while I ran and got donuts and ran home and ge tthe kids for the parade.

 Then we went to the parade. It was better than last year at least. The kids got quite a bit of candy so that was fun for them.


These kids. I still look at them and cant believe they are all mine! 


After the parade we went home and spent the afternoon making patriotic crafts. I thought the shirts would be a lot easier than they were, but the stencils were hard to make and it ended up taking the whole afternoon to make them.  We were going to have a barbecue with my parents but Lizzy was all bummed that we weren't having friends over and invited her friend and then her family just decided to have us over, which I feel like we invited ourselves. But it ended up being so fun, it was hard to drag my parents  along because they get so funny about stuff like that, but they came and had a good time. 

 The kids loved it because they have a pool so they got to go swimming too! This was the kids eating their dinner.
                                                  These two little wet monkeys.

 We pooled all our fireworks together and had a fun show. It ended up being a dang good thing we went there because the fireworks Kevy and I thought we got ended up all being poppers!  We were so mad!  It was a big case too!
 Clara was fine as long as I held her ears for her.




No comments: