Friday, July 14, 2017

Negro Bar

Kristen drove into town because she and the kids were coming with us on a little California coast trip that we were taking.  So the day after they got in we wanted to do something fun with Grandma and Judy since that was all they were going to be seeing them. My mom had taken the big kids to a place called Negro Bar, which is just down from Folsom lake.  They had a great time and Kevin and I wanted to go too. We rented kayaks and were able to paddle around for an hour.  It was such a blast!  Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures on the kayaks because I was afraid of my phone getting ruined or falling in, so it is all just in memory. We found a little cove that had really shallow water so the kids got out and played over there. It was a really fun time and something we will definitely be doing again. We brought a picnic lunch because they had some really great shade and picnic tables and were able to have a really fun lunch there. Afterward we let the kids play around in the water for a while. I had no interest. I hate going in freezing water, but the kids love it!


Lizzy and Ruby discovered they had the same swimming suit which was a fun little thing.


                                                        The kids had such a fun time!




Freddy killed me the whole time. He is such a funny kid. The night before he had thrown up in the middle of the night but he was totally fine int he morning and was telling me all about how much he had thrown up and the noises he made.





No comments: