Monday, July 31, 2017

Saying Goodbye

After living near my parents for the past seven years it was time to say goodbye. When we moved here my Dads retirement seemed so far away. And then it seemed that we blinked our eyes and it was here!  We are going to miss them more than we could possibly say.  The older girls especially had gotten so close to my mom and dad and its going to be hard to be here without them.  No more Sunday dinners with them. No more gas station trips.  No more sleepovers. It will definitely be an adjustment.  But we are so happy that my dad finally gets to retire.  We will miss them like crazy!


My mom and Nellie have a special relationship.  Nellie thinks my mom walks on water and wants to be just like her.  She is really going to miss her Grandma a lot.  It will be really hard not having hr around because anytime that Nellie was having a hard time I could have my mom talk to her and it seemed to straighten her right up.  We sure love them and wish they could stay here with us!

1 comment:

Amy W said...

You have such wonderful parents and I'm so glad you got to have them live close by for a few years.