Friday, October 20, 2017

All About Russ- 6 years

This boy!  How is he already 6 years old!  One thing that has become very apparent in this last year is that Russell loves to eat!  He has really started to get that boy appetite that makes me a little worried for when he is a teenager! He especially likes all the usual boy stuff like hot dogs and pizza and popcorn. We kid that he is like the Tasmanian Devil when he eats popcorn.  He of course loves any kinds of treats too and gets worried if we aren't having a treat after dinner.


He still really loves bears which I just love because he is our bear!  Russell has a very special relationship with  his dad and I really can understand this because it is just them with all theses girls so I am so glad that they have each other.  It has been so fun this year to have Russ start kindergarten and see how much he has blossomed and really grown up.  He got a new big boy bike for his birthday and he loves to ride it to school.  At first because it was a a bigger bike he was timid, but it didn't take him long to figure out how to maneuver it and now he does great.  Although he is still a rule follower and for that I am grateful.  I don't have to worry about him being wild and crazy when he is riding his bike home from school.


Russell loves baseball but we decided to take him our of baseball after the fall because I think he really just like the idea of baseball and not the actual playing of it and it is too much of a commitment.  We will see if in a few years he has any interest in picking it back up.  He loves the Dodgers but mostly just says that, I think because Kevin really loves them and he always wants to be just like his dad.  I'm sure when he gets a little older he will show more interest. Russ loves to build things and that's why he loves Legos so much. I love to watch him build things and he is  actually getting really good at it. He is really creative too and can come up with things on his own.  
Russ has such a tender heart and is quite emotional which I think in large part is because he has five sisters. But we wouldn't take him any other way.  We are so glad that we have the blond bear in our family and I just love this kid so much! 

No comments: