Monday, October 23, 2017

Russells 6th Birthday

Russell is 6!  He wanted a baseball cake this year, but since I made an actual baseball last year, I decided to try for the field.  It worked out okay.  I'm not a professional, but I can hold my own.  The kids are always super impressed so I will take it. 




We had our usual family cake on Sunday and then the next Saturday we had his birthday party since it was an even year.  It comes as no surprise since I am constantly talking about it on here, but I really loathe birthday parties.  I hate throwing them, I feel like they just aren't that good and I am always really happy when the kids are on an odd year because I know they don't get a party.  I am SO bad! But this year with Russell's birthday I decided to just settle down and not get so stressed about it.  Russ wanted a lego party since he loves them, so we decided to get all the boys a small lego thing to put together as part of the party.  WE had pizza, opened presents, they made their lego car and had cake and they played. It ended up being great and really not that stressful.  I need to just do this kind of party more often. Russell loved it and it was perfect! 
















 Russ was super excited because he got legos from everyone!  They are his favorite thing and he has so much fun building them! The only problem came when the big girls got overanxious about him building them and they did it for him!  So then he didn't even get to build all his presents he got!


 His friend Andrew parents got caught at a Soccer game so he got to stay with us for a while after the party so Russell put him to work helping build legos.

The party was a success and I'm sure we will be doing another lego party for him again when he turns 8. Haha!


No comments: