Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Cinderella Party!!

Friday was Lizzy's 3rd birthday, which of course she has been looking forward to for about 6 months now. I threw her a Cinderella party of course, all though for a short time she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake party. She eventually came back to Cinderella which I always knew would happen.


I made her a Cinderella cake which took me about three hours to decorate. (I know I can't believe I spent that long on a cake either, but I am a perfectionist and the cake was really, really hard to do.) Plus I didn't want her to look like Cinderella's ugly stepsister, which I was afraid of because I am really not the greatest cake decorator. It turned out pretty good as long as you don't look at the picture of what it is really supposed to look like.Any way it was worth it because she loved it, even though by the time it was time for cake and ice cream she was so overstimulated she wasn't interested in eating it. I like how she had to hold her magic wand in one hand and her doll in the other while she blew out her candles. Nellie didn't have a hard time eating the cake however, she devoured her piece and started squealing for more. Lizzy loved all of her presents, She got a Princess Sleeping bag/air mattress in one. (she has been sleeping on it every night since.) She got a Cinderella Dress-up dress from Grammie and Poppie , and a shirt, socks and plate, bowl and cup (all princess of course)from Grandma and Grandpa. Our friends the McCall's gave her some My little ponies which she also loves. She definitely made out like a bandit. It turned out to be a great birthday for her.
It was so cute every time I would say "Happy Birthday Lizzy" she would say "Happy birthday Mommy" very sincerely. I am just glad that I am done making that cake and I don't have to make another for about 9 more months.

3 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

Okay Martha, nice cake decorating, way to make every mom out there feel bad for the pathetic cakes we make.:) I wouldn't have wanted to eat it, just frame it.

Christen said...

Binny, that cake is AWESOME!!

Ladysam said...

Binny, that cake was gorgeous (and delicious). I wish I had the talent and patience that you have!