Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Little Bo Peep and her sheep.
Last year I didn't do anything special for Halloween because I was having such a hard time with Nellie at the time and I could barely do all the bare minimum stuff so I just borrowed a costume last minute for Lizzy. This year I have been kind of on a sewing kick and since I had a dang cute sheep costume I made for Lizzy two years ago that fit Nellie perfectly I decided to make Lizzy Little Bo Peep. The costume took quite a bit of time to make but it was so worth it, the girls looked so cute. We took the girls downtown for trick-or-treating at all of the businesses and then we went with our friends the McCall's to Pizza Hut for dinner before going to a Trunk-n-treat at one of the local churches. There was also a little train popcorn and hot cocoa to drink at the trunk-n-treat. It was a really fun night. It wasn't too cold although it was about 15 degrees cooler than yesterday. the same thing happened last year, it was really warm the day before Halloween and then Halloween it dropped about 30 degrees and we about froze to death. Thankfully it wasn't too bad and we just bundled up the girls so they were warm enough. It was one of the best Halloweens ever. I love having kids they make life so much more fun.

We told Lizzy she was Little Bo Peep princess because she wanted to be a princess so bad. I know I am a bad Mom to make her be what I wanted, but I figure next year I will let her choose.

We had to give Nellie a sucker so that she would actually keep her hat on

Riding in the train with Bethanie

4 comments:

Kris said...

How Fun!!! Binny those costumes are darling!!!!! wow, you have some skill to be able to make those costumes! good job, your girls are so cute.

Ladysam said...

Binny, I loved how the costumes turned out! The little bell on Nellie's lamb outfit was so cute when she walked around and it rang! We had a great time with you and were glad that we could go with you!

Christen said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this post -- I can't believe you MADE Lizzy's costume! First the cake and now this! Seriously, Binny - stop being so good at everything!!!!

I need all the tips you have on little girls... I really hope mine get along!

dixie jo said...

the girls look great! i need to learn to sew... but let's be honest, it probably won't happen. miss you!