Thursday, October 18, 2007

Disneyland


We spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Disneyland and California Adventure. The first day we spent the entire day at Disneyland trying to fit in everything. Of course we didn't so we had to go back the next day and see the princesses (the absolute most important thing.) Before everyone thinks I am one of those crazy moms who pushed the Disney princess thing on my child I will set the record straight. I didn't. I actually thought it was annoying when other little girls were so obsessed with princesses and I tried to keep Lizzy from becoming one of those little girls. But she discovered them on her own and I decided that I needed to just let it go and let her like what she likes. I can't believe how much fun Kevy and I had watching the girls and the excitement they had about things. I have never had that much fun at an amusement park. Lizzy loved all of the rides, especially Pirates (she sings Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirates life for me, all the time now.) and Small World, which she of course sings all the time too. She really loved going and singing with the princesses and dancing with them. It was so funny because after the princesses left the stage she tried to follow Cinderella off, because "I need to see Cinderella and go to the ball" They have a line where you can stand and get to meet three of the princesses and take your picture with them, the thing that stinks is that you don't know which ones it will be, and you could get stuck with Pocahontas Mulan and Jasmine. No offense to them, but these are not the princesses Lizzy wanted to see. Well Kevy being the good Dad he is went and stood in line for over an hour for us so we wouldn't have to, so Lizzy could meet the princesses. Lizzy got to meet Mulan, Belle and Sleeping Beauty. She loved it, but when she got to Sleeping Beauty she said to her, "Where is Cinderella, I want to meet Cinderella." The poor girl playing Sleeping Beauty didn't know what to say.Lizzy got a new dolly so she was good to go for pretty much the whole day.


Nellie really seems to love the princesses don't you think?


Princess Lizzy sitting on her throne. We don't have any pictures of her with the princesses because our camera broke that day,so now if we want pictures we have to order the ones online that cost an arm and a leg.


Nellie with her bag of popcorn. She carried that thing all over with her. She loves popcorn. I tried to get a better picture but this was the last one before our camera broke. Good thing we brought our old camera with us, so we could take pictures the rest of the trip.




The girls were very into their fruit bowl I got them. That is the thing I hate about eating out all the time on vacation. It is hard to get the girls to eat all the good food we normally eat.


Nellie and her cousin Conner at Mickeys house chillin'


Lizzy and Carson making a wish in Minnie's well




Polishing McQueen.


All the older cousins.

2 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

You are so smart to bring the double stroller. We thought renting would be the way to go...not so.

Kris said...

Binny, that looks like so much fun!!! I can't wait to go to Disneyland again- Sara Jane will actually be able to really enjoy it now. Love the pictures! What a cute family you have!