Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Little Princesses

We just had our annual spring dance recital. Both Lizzy and Nellie were in it and it was a crazy weekend. I dread it every year because it seems to take up the entire weekend. Plus it is a lot of doing hair and makeup and running around and all that jazz plus you have to sit through a ton of other performances just to see your own kids. But it of course was worth it because the girls loved it. Nellie was Sleeping Beauty and danced to the sleeping Beauty song. We don't really think that Nellie really likes dance that much because she never really wants to go and when she does she just stands around a lot. We figure it might be a little too structured for her and she might enjoy something like soccer better, so we will have to see.
I watched her for the dress rehearsal and she could see me so she stood there the whole time and smiled at me without doing a single dance move. Well Lizzy who is very into dance was extremely disturbed by this so the day of the performance she said "Now Nellie you need to make sure you don't just stand up there but you need to do your dance okay?" in her very bossy voice, it really was quite hilarious. Well since Nellie couldn't actually see us she did decide to do her dance and she did a great job, for her. I really don't think she will want to stick with it though, and that is just fine by me. I really want my kids to do what they want to do, when it comes to stuff like that. Here she is just standing there smiling while the rest of her class dances.


I asked Lizzy to let me take a picture of her and she of course posed, I don't think she knows how to take a picture without posing. She is so cute as Belle and she did such a great job dancing. She really LOVES to dance and is very concerned about the right steps and doing it correctly. She came here with so much personality and it is so funny because she is a girl through and through. She is all about Princesses and jewelry and makeup and anything girly. The funny thing is that I did not promote this whatsoever, it is just the way she came.

My girlies are just too cute, I did have a lot of fun getting them all dolled up, and they were so thrilled that they got to wear makeup. They ask me to wear makeup all the time and I say no so they were so happy when I got out my makeup, and put it on them.

2 comments:

Leavitt Family said...

I am so glad that we got to come and see these girlies dance they are so sweet!!! I know Brinlee just loved it all the excitement!!!! They did such a god job and it was good Lizzy told Nellie to dance because this time SHE DID!!!!! It was soooo fun thanks for inviting us!!!!

Joy :) said...

Sooooo cute!!!!! It must be a lot of fun having all girls-so far ;)