Sunday, February 1, 2015

Janie's Stuffed Animal Party

it was a year for Jane to get a friend party and she was really excited about it. She first wanted to do a frozen party but since she was inviting some boys and since she did a frozen cake last year I steered her in a different direction. She loves stuffed animals and since most kids, boys and girls do too, we decided to do a stuffed animal party where they could bring their favorite one.

I also learned my lesson from doing Lizzy's party that we wanted to keep it short. So we made it an hour and a half, and it ended up being the perfect amount of time. In fact this party went so smoothly it made me hate birthday parties a little bit less!!

The one thing that was a little bit difficult was that Jane saw these penguin cupcakes that she really wanted me to make for her party, but they ended up being really time consuming to make. I first had to dip marshmallows in chocolate for the bodies and try and stick on the tummies while they were drying and I kept accidentally making them touch so chocolate got everywhere and and then I couldn't find candy corn for the feet so I had to try and form feet out of starbursts which was ridiculous. Anyway Jane thought they were cute so it made it worth it.
We had a really cute owl piƱata for the party, which Janie just loved because she is in the owl class at school and has just fallen in love with owls.
It was super exciting for Jane to open all her presents and get so many new toys and things.

 

 

No comments: