Saturday, April 14, 2018

Annie's Fifth Birthday

Annie is five!  She didn't get a party because it was an odd year, so we just had our usual family party. She wanted a star cake and I though "Oh, piece of cake. I have made much harder cakes this will be easy." um no, this was literally the hardest cake I have ever made.  I am not exactly sure what the deal was, maybe it was just an off day, I don't know.  All I know is I was almost having a full blown panic attack making it. I couldn't get it to frost.  It just kept getting crumbs into the frosting as I spread it and with it being chocolate it just was a nightmare. I need to get better at my crumb layer.  I guess that is me next thing to try and master. Anyway it ended up turning out okay, but it really took forever to make!





For her actual birthday we took her out for her birthday lunch and she chose Costa Vida.  The funny thing is I didn't think she even really liked Costa Vida but she assured me she really did, haha. We got her a bike for her birthday which she wasn't super happy about. I think she wanted to choose something else for herself but she had to have a bike and so we got her one and she ended up coming around. 

No comments: