Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bodega Bay and Dillon Beach

 Oh the joys of being us.  I think sometimes we just don't have the best luck when we try and do things. I wanted to take a day trip since we hadn't taken a big trip for Spring Break, and I had seen so many people post recently about going to Bodega Bay and how great it was.  I thought why not go?  We had never been and it looked great and not too far away.  We drove down pretty early so we would have most of the day there.  The forecast said close to 70, which for the coast I thought was pretty warm honestly so we mostly all wore shorts and just brought a jacket.  Just our luck it was FREEZING!  The wind was blowing so hard and it was just so cold.  We walked around a little and went out to where there are supposed to be a lot of whale sightings and of course the worker said it was a lot warmer the day before and they saw a lot of whales as well. None the day we went though, haha. We walked down to the beach for a few minutes but it was just so cold and there wasn't good sand, so we decided to instead head to Dillon Beach because it was close by and we knew a lot of people that had gone there. Well unfortunately it was just as cold there.  We let the kids dig in the sand a while but honestly the whole time all I could think about was how badly I wanted to leave.








 We turned our chairs around so the wind was at our backs and it helped a little. But honestly I was miserable. I hate being cold I would much rather roast to death than freeze.

 The kids had a good time digging their giant hole that they love to dig every time we go to the beach, but I love it because they have so much fun together doing it.
This little monkey snuggled me good and helped to keep me warm.  Maybe next year I will pick a better place to go for Spring Break!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think we are due for another day trip together!