Monday, July 27, 2009

July 4th

For the 4th this year we decided to give the girls at the school a nice meal and fireworks show because there was nothing planned for them. We were going to take our girls to the parade in Junction City in the morning but we cancelled it because they just would not go to bed! I wanted to go, but it was nice to sleep in instead of getting up early and getting everyone ready. So early afternoon we headed to the school and had dinner with the girls. They really appreciated us making it for them so it was fun, plus Lizzy and Nellie love the girls at the school and were so excited when we told them we were going there that day. Nellie told me that she never wanted to go home she just wanted to stay at the girls school forever and ever. Here is the one and only picture I got of Lizzy in her shirt that Grammie gave her. I was busy making food and forgot to take pictures.
Here is Nellie in hers. They loved their cool shirts, Thanks Grammie!

I of course forgot to take one of Janie in her darling outfit Grammie got her, but here is a picture of her wearing it another day.


We forgot about the water slide they have, so we didn't bring the girlies swimsuits, but the girls at the school found some small shirts for the girls to wear so they could play. Lizzy was so cute to help Nellie down the slide. Lizzy besides the bossy factor is such a good big sister and always helps Nellie out.




Look at that face, what a sweet girl our Lizzy is.


The girls at the school just adore my little girls and love playing with them.

Nellie was so dang tired that night after staying up so late and watching the fireworks, I love the Diego glasses at 11pm, and upside down.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love Nellie's messy face!! And sleeping with the glasses on!! Janie is getting so big! Miss you guys!!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

How nice of you to do that for the girls...I bet the loved it!
Such cute pictures - your girls are adorable!

Leavitt Family said...

So cute I love the last one of Nellie that is how my kids were at the end of the day!!! I am glad you guys had a good time it is nice that you did that for the girls school!!!