Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ten Years!

Its been a whole decade since I married this guy! It is amazing how fast time can fly! In some ways it feels like it was just yesterday that we met, and in other ways it is like we have always been together. I know everyones lives are full of ups and downs, and we have had some but these last few years have been awfully great! We have had our fair share of trials but we have gotten along so well together that we helped strengthen each other through those trials instead of being the trial for each other. It is so amazing to me to see truly how Heavenly Fathers plan is so right! He knew how much we would need a companion to help us through the tough spots. Even though there are tough times having an eternal companion to help me makes the journey so much easier. I feel like I can face any difficulty that comes along because I have Kevy by my side. I love him so much and I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father knew who was right for me so much better than I did. I am so glad that he saved us for each other! I sometimes still can't believe that Kevin wanted me. I still feel that giddiness when I look at him and realize that he is all mine!

For our anniversary my parents were kind enough to watch our kids for us overnight so that we could have a night away. It has been almost five years since we have had a whole evening away and I was just a little excited. It was pretty much all I thought about the whole week. We went out to dinner at Ruths Chris, the last time we went there for dinner was when we were in Hawaii five and a half years ago. We decided that it was time to splurge again. After dinner we went and saw a movie and then went and stayed overnight in a hotel. The next morning we went and did some Christmas shopping. It was nice to have the evening together and not have to do Christmas shopping because that is pretty much what we have done on every anniversary so far. The only thing that wasn't absolutely perfect was that Russy was sick with a bad cough and we hadn't ever left him overnight and he didn't go to bed well and really worked himself up so that his cough was really bad, so I was a a little stressed about that, but I knew my parents could take care of him just fine.

It wa a pretty darn good Anniversary and I am looking forward to many many more with my love!


 

 

 

No comments: