Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Break

Having most of Christmas break after Christmas can be hard. I like having a good amount of time before Christmas because there are so many Christmas things to do, and once its over you don't want to do any of those so you have to find a way to keep all the crazy bored children occupied. Thankfully this year my sister Chanelle and her family came to visit the day after Christmas and stayed until New Year's Eve so the kids were perfectly happy to be with their cousins. One of the days the guys went to the movies and so we needed to find something to do with the kids. There is this pizza place called Johns Incredible Pizza that is like a big version of Chuck E Cheese. It has big games to play and has a big buffet. So we took the kids and it was well worth the money rather than taking them to a moive. I put Annie in the baby Bjorn so that I would have two hands to take care of Russy. It was just too hard to get many pictures because there was just so much going on and I was afraid that I was going to lose a kid in all the commotion. Nellie was incredibly hard to keep track of because she had her own card that is basically like tokens, that she got from a birthday party she went to and didn't get to use so she was always off on her own. I kept saying "Nellie I need you to stay by me" but then I would look up and she was gone. It drove me crazy!! I had the token card that was for everyone else so they had to stay by me if they wanted to do anything.

The kids really enjoyed the buffet. Any time they can get whatever they want they are in heaven. Jane and Jack were pretty much inseperable. They are so darn cute!

Russy really enjoyed his ice cream cone. I am just glad that I remember to keep a bib in my diaper bag because he needs it so bad.

The kids really had such a good time riding the rides and playing the games.

I think that this little carousel was one of the favorites for these three. Although there was a little roller coaster that was a train and Russy thought it was the coolest thing ever. It went pretty fast too, so I thought he might be scared but he wasn't. It was funny because i had to ride with the kids for them to get to go, so I had to take Russ and then I had to take jane, and when I was taking Jane Russy was crying the whole time "Train train!" becuase he wanted to go again so bad.

The big kids went back at the end before it was time to go and went back and got more dessert. Hey they have to take advantage right?

Thankfully we didn't have a million tickets to feed through the thing. Ours gave ours electronically so our card kept track of them. Of course Nellies didnt so they had to do this. It kills me though everytime how the kids are so much more concerned about getting tickets to win something then they are toactually enjoy themselves. So silly! And they end up with the dumbest stuff. Oh well thats the way kids are, I was the same way I know.

The kids had a lot of fun just hanging out and playing with their new toys they got. Carson got a Chess set and they all had fun trying to learn to play it.

The last night they were here we went out to eat. I always get excited to go out because 1. It's a break from cooking and 2. we don't get to go out very much. But everytime we do I think, " What was I thinking? why was I wanting to do this?"This is torture with kids!!" It really is, trying to keep them quiet and happy is so darn hard. Its like Chinese water torture. But thankfully we went to Red Robin which is about the best place you can take kids.

I really love to see my kids with their cousins. It is so special that they love each other so much. It is something I never had growing up so I am so grateful my kids do.

Kevy is the baby wrangler. I sure love him, he is such a good dad and husband.

 

No comments: