Thursday, December 12, 2013

Veterans Day

Back on Veterens Day, Kevy and the kids all had the day off, so we wanted to do something that would be a little out of the ordinary. I am always trying to stretch us and get us out of our comfort zone instead of always doing basically nothing. I was looking online for things we could do for free and found this cool park that was only about 15 minutes away from our house. It had a huge pond with ducks and even had some horses there too. We brought some bread to feed the ducks because, sad as this is to admit my kids have never fed the ducks that I can remember. We took a picnic lunch and headed there. It was a beautiful fall day. Honestly I dont know if it could have been a prettier day. All of the trees were in full color too, so it made it all the more beautiful.
Russ and Annie rode in the stroller, and Russ would say "Wait Sisters!" I love the way he says sisters, its way too cute! They ran way ahead all the way over to the other side of the pond. Little punks!

 

 

Russ thought watching the ducks was pretty neat. When we first started feeing them there were only a few ducks but by the end there were probalby thirty or more. Once some saw there was food they all came over. It was funny to watch them flying in and practically crashing to get to the bread.

There is just something so special about watching your kids do something that they have never done before and the wonder and amazement of it. I want to feel that way about things!

I got a picture of all the ducks, but something I didnt get a picture of was the geese. There were a bunch of them and they weren't exactly nice. They were actually kind of scary! They almost attacked us. We started walking up close to the water and they started coming at us so we started walking away and they started chasing us. It made me a little nervous. The girls were scared but a little excited about it too.

Janie sometimes has a hard time keeping up with her sisters. And they aren't always the nicest to remember to wait for her. Its fun to watch these kids of mine. I sometimes can hardly believe that they are mine!
We went over to the horse and Kevy taught the kids the right way to pet the horse. Nellie wouldn't do it. She was scared. She is scared of pretty much everything!

Lizzy got in on the action of petting the horse.

This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken in a long time. First of all it has my favorite people in it, and I just think it is a really pretty picture. I just need to crop out that girl.

I love Nellies smile when she isnt trying to smile too hard. She is so pretty. :)

It was just such a pretty day and so much fun to have a day off with everyone. Its so great to think that Kevy gets a lot of days off that the kids do. I love it!!

 

No comments: