Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thanksgiving

For probably the first time that I can remember we had a different than usual Thanksgiving. My parents decided to go to Utah for Thanksgiving so they wanted to have a big Thanksgiving dinner with us before they left. We had one the Saturday before the actual holiday. It was really weird because even though it wasn't thanksgiving it really felt like it, and the actual day didn't feel like it at all.

Janie wanted to help me make the pies, and she really did. She has had a real interest in helping me bake lately and she has really done such a good job! I really love that she is showing an interest in helping me in the kitchen. She is my little buddy and I love it so much!!
The day of Thanksgiving I took this picture of my two little cuties. They are so cute together! We have had such beautiful days and that day was no different. We sat outside for out dinner because the weather was so perfect!
The boys of course decided that they needed to find a game to watch since they didn't have their usual football games to watch.

On the actual holiday I took the big girls to see Frozen with Joe. It was so nice to go on a day that there were no big crowds. The theater was actually pretty empty and it was nice. I was hoping that Kevy would go too, but he didn't think the two little ones would do okay. He was probably right and it was really nice to not have to try and entertain kids the whole time. I appreciate Kevy taking one for the team. Janie sat by me and she was absolutely glued to the show. I was actually hoping she would want to sit on my lap for at least a little of the show but she was too mesmerized.

The girls loved the show and they had so much fun going. We then went home and I made a yummy pasta dinner, which felt really weird on Thanksgiving but it was actually really fun to do something so out of the ordinary.

 

No comments: