Saturday, May 6, 2017

Annie's Birthday Party.

 Birthday Parties used to stress me out more than I can say. I think the biggest problem was I was so worried about how it was going to be, I constantly compared myself to people that threw these super elaborate parties and I felt like mine were crappy and not good enough. And then as the years went on I realized that it didn't really matter. The kids didn't really care, especially the little ones. As long as they got some presents and got to have cake and friends over they were happy. So lately birthday parties have gotten a lot less stressful and more fun for me. They consist of going and buying some decorations for cheap that I can hang up, finding a little game that the kids can play, having a pinata and making some cupcakes, which is the one thing I am good at. Don't get me wrong, when they decide to forgo a party in favor of more money or just do an activity with a couple of friends I am all over it!   We had Annie's first birthday party and it was super fun.  She loved that she got to invite her church friends over and get lots of presents.
 She wanted a Shopkins party of course and we found a really cute Shopkins bingo game online that worked great!




 Then we had a pinata and since they were all just little girls we just did it in our family room.










 Annie was super thrilled with all the presents she got. It was so fun for her to have her very first party and see what it was like.

 







 
    I made some Shopkins cupcakes which I thought turned out pretty cute.







 It turned out great!  And I didn't even feel very stressed, so bonus! About an hour after the guests had left Annie puked. I didn't know what to do, should I tell the other moms, I thought it was maybe from eating a lot of junk , but she continued to throw up all night long. It sucked so bad, because the next day was the day I was looking forward to because Kevin was taking me our for my birthday for a  day date and I was so worried we wouldn't be able to go with him. But by morning she seemed to be doing better so it was only a 12 hour thing. And none of the other kids got sick so who knows what it was.

No comments: