Sunday, May 7, 2017

My Birthday

 It was really fun to have a day date with my honey for my birthday.  We went shopping and to lunch and thne to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It was the perfect day with my favorite person.  Honestly that is all I ever want for my birthdays is just to get to spend the day with Kevin. He makes me so happy and I just love every single second with him.
 The next day was my birthday and it fell on fast Sunday. Whenever my birthday is on a Sunday it is fast Sunday which honestly stinks. I struggle with fasting in the first place but on your birthday too, I want to just skip it, but then I feel guilty, so I do anyway. At least I had a really great dinner to look forward to. My mom made me yummy sour cream chicken and I made myself a birthday cake.
I had seen this cake on Pinterest that sounded really good and then I of course tweaked it. I was sick of never getting a cake on my birthday and since I wanted something specific I just decided to make it myself. I would have to say in my humble opinion that it was amazing!  It was a lemon cake(real lemon, I bought a white cake mix and added lemon juice, zest and a little extract to.) with raspberry filling,( homemade again)with buttercream frosting and toasted coconut on top. It may sound weird but it was SO good. In fact I  had my parents request it for their birthday cakes too!   It was a great birthday overall and I am so grateful for this life I have and another year to live!  I have so much to be grateful for!

No comments: