Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Baseball With Grandpa

Its been a bit of a sad year knowing we are counting down the time that we have left to be with my parents. We have been so blessed these past 7 years that they have been out here with us.  Since Grandpa is retiring in August and then they are moving to Utah we thought it might be the last time that we could go to a Dodger game with my dad.  They were playing in San Francisco in May and them not again until September, so this was it. Kevin went online and found some tickets for pretty close, (by our standards) and got them for himself and Russ and my Dad. I will admit I was a little jealous, but there just wasn't a way for me to go too. They were all so excited the morning of the game.  Kevin took the day off work and my Dad had train vouchers so they were able to ride the train down and then BART to San Francisco. 




 Russ thought the train was pretty dang cool and even more so when he won a free cookie and Pepsi.  This boy sure gets spoiled. But since he is such a good boy its hard not to do sometimes.


 It was all so meant to be because Kershaw just happen to be pitching the game they went to.  They were so lucky!  And it ended up being a great game!  Russell had a bit of a hard time.  He loves the dodgers but in a little 5-year-old boy way and so he has no patience to actually watch the game. 






 Kevin left watching the game for a while to take Russ to the slide and around the ballpark but I told him he spent too much on the tickets to miss the game and Russ was just going to have to tough it out. So Kevin got him more treats and he made it through the rest of the game.


 It's a good thing that he didn't get a sick stomach from all the junk he ate that day! 

I'm so glad that they got to have this special memory with my Dad.  I love those three guys so much!

No comments: