Saturday, September 22, 2007

Little Nellie

To say my child is small I guess would be an understatement. I missed her 12 month appointment so we went last week when she was almost 14 months. Her stats: 16 lbs. 8 oz. with big shoes, a full diaper, heavy pants and shirt. She is 27 inches tall with her shoes on as well. I don't know why they didn't take off her shoes at least, but whatever. She is not on the charts, not that I expected her to be. She is still fitting very nicely into her 3-6 month clothes. In fact I bought her 6-9 month for winter and I am hoping they fit her better by then because right now they are huge on her.

It may sound like I am worried about her, but actually I am not. She eats so much, I thought Lizzy ate a lot when she was little but Nellie eats even more. She usually eats as much as I do for meals. She loves basically everything especially fruits and vegetables. I know she will probably always be little and I actually kind of like it. She just doesn't have the genes to be big.

The only thing I don't like is when people act like I need to be worried about how small she is. I think they need to be worried about how fat their kids are, I mean isn't that the big concern nowadays, childhood obesity. Here I am with two kids that are not ever going to have to worry about that and people are trying to say I should be concerned about my kids size. I have small kids. I was tiny when I was young and I survived just fine.

7 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

Amen, I love how everybody always has an opinion on whats "normal" Everyone looks at my kids and say "what have you been feeding them. they're huge" (thank goodness not fat) Genetics my dear, genetics. But some people don't get that.

Unknown said...

Binny, You is hilarious.

Christen said...

Besides being a premie, Nellie has the tiniest mama on Earth! I would be shocked if you ever have a large child! She's a cutie, no matter what size!! I wish we could get our girls together to play!

Christen said...

I'm commenting up here again... just in case you don't see it below. I LOVE Lizzy and her ballerina getup. Oh, that girl just makes me smile!

Unknown said...

Doesn't my wife keep our kids looking so cute! I love you Binny!

Ladysam said...

Binny, Nellie is PERFECT just as she is. She may be small, but she has a BIG spirit in her!

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the decrease efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=dog day concentration mediafire ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg